Monday, January 20, 2014

God heard your Cry


On the third week of 2014 (19 January 2014) the man of God Phumlani Mabhodl' umlilo Nkwanyana was part of the outreach ministry to preach in one of the prisons in Sevontein Correctional Services outside Pietermaritzburg, towards Elandskop, KZN midlands. God used his servant in the very unique and powerful way. Visiting prisons is one the elements that Christ the king told Christians to do. Matt 25: 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.' 37 Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?' 40 And the king will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me. Going to prisons and visiting hospitals to spend some time with these people is one of the best gift you can give them. Some of these people have no family members, your presence can mean something to them.

The man of God ministered the word of hope , The tittle of the message was “God heard your cry” The text for the day was found in the book of Exodus 3: 7 The Lord said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey—the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. 10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.”

The servant of God gave hope to inmates that though some of them have been rejected by family members but there is still God who will never forsake them even for an hour. God saw them going through all the trials of life and he has come to give the spiritual liberty, peace and love. They might be locked behind those walls but deep inside their hearts they are free, Jesus has set them free. The message was electrifying as God changed the atmosphere and soften their hearts. Many hearts were touched by the word of God, young and old came crying to the altar to accept Christ. It was touching and humbling to see respected man forcing their way to the altar. Many souls repented and the man of God laid hands upon them. God is in business to harvest souls for his kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment